This is a special D model that is fretted to play in every key, not just one key. That means it has wrong notes, it has "sharps and flats", the fret pattern is like a guitar neck. This is called Chromatic fretting.
The more common D-33 (No Wrong Notes) Strumstick uses a "Diatonic" fret pattern that just gives the notes for one key.
Advantages of the Chromatic D:
- You can play in any key.
- You can make many more different chords.
- You can use a Capo to simply change keys using familiar chords
The other characteristics are identical with the regular Strumstick.
- Padouk neck and body, Spruce top, Maple back
- 33" long, 5" wide, 1.25"deep.
- weight 14oz.
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Tuned D, A, D', (fretted chromatically)
- Can retune to E, F, C, B, Bb, A (lower limit)
Case sold separately (soft case $20).