Recommended for beginner, intermediate, and advanced players. The HAPI Bell can be used in 3 different ways: as a bell/gong, as a tongue drum, or as a singing bowl.
- Bell/Gong. Strike the side with our supplied felt mallet and the deep meditative note of A2 is heard. This long sustained tone is complex and mesmerizing. The tongues on the top are also excited when the bell tone is struck. They ring in D Minor or G Major (depending on your scale choice) producing even more rich harmonics. It comes with a self centering rubber ball and string for hanging inside your home or outside in the garden.
- Singing Bowl. Turn the HAPI Bell with the rim facing up as a bowl and set it on a table or use the wood disc stand and set in your lap. Our non-marking rubber ring creates a stable base and allow it to sing freely. Use our supplied wooden dowel made from plantation grown wood. Gently go around the outside of the rim with the dowel and listen as a deep humming grows. The bowl is tuned to A2 and with the supporting harmonic tones of the tongues an even richer sound than regular singing bowls can be heard. Try a steeper angle on the dowel and slightly more pressure to produce an even higher singing tone for more variety.
- Tongue Drum. Set the HAPI Bell on the wooden disc stand with post and it sits almost magically hovering over the base. Play it in your lap or on a table. Use your fingers or the supplied mallets to play the tongues. As the tongues are played the bell tone will begin humming in the background. It blends perfectly to create a beautiful soundscape of tone. The tongues are arranged in an intuitive pattern and make it easy to explore new musical horizons. While playing the tongues it is also possible to strike the side of the bell and play the bell tone as well.It includes a handbook that has instructions on use and mallet and hand playing techniques.
The HAPI Bell is available in 2 different pentatonic scales:
- D Minor: A3, Bb3, D4, E4, F4, G4, A4, Bb4.
- G Major: G3, A3, B3, D4, E4, F#4, G4, A4.
The word "pentatonic" comes from the Greek word pente meaning five and tonic meaning tone. It is a musical scale that consists of five notes within one octave. Because of their arrangement, pentatonic scales are often used to introduce beginners to music.
Dimensions: 12" (30.48 cm) wide by 5" (12.7 cm) high. Weighs 5 lbs (2.28 kg)
Color: Hammered Gold