HAPI Intro-Series Handpan in D Minor
Intro-Series Handpans are¬†HAPI's best value for beginner handpan players. They have a tuning tolerance within 0 - 10%. The tuning is slightly looser than¬†the Pro-Series, but most customers have a hard time hearing the difference. These handpans also have a rustic, less polished finish compared to¬†the Pro-Series.¬†
El Capitan Scale (derived from D Minor): Ding D3, A3, C4, D4, E4, F4, G4, A4. Bottom Udu tone tuned to F2. Bottom shell tuned to E5.
The same precision and sound quality that customers have come to expect from our HAPI Steel Tongue Drum line is evident in this Handpan.¬†
The top note is D3. Side notes from lowest to highest are A3, C4, D4, E4, F4, G4, A4. This instrument has a beautiful bloom, the top note excites the side notes into ringing. This increases the harmonic tones. The bottom Udu tone is tuned to F2. The bottom shell is tuned to E5. The El Capitan Scale has a very low top (ding) note which adds bass to the scale. This very deep sounding note adds contrast and plays off the high notes very nicely. There are many overlapping harmonics throughout the scale which help produce an amazing robust sound.
All the notes are tuned with a fundamental, octave and fifth harmonic for a rich sound.
- Handpan Scale: Top Note: D3. Side notes: A3, C4, D4, E4, F4, G4, A4.
- The Handpan pictured is very similar to the one you will receive.
- Handpan Dimensions: 21" wide x 9.5" high. Weighs 8.5 lbs.
- Hand worked and carefully tuned with fundamental, octave, fifth.
- Comes with¬†free specially designed armored bad ($149 value)