Beautiful mandolins from a local maker here in Berkeley, loosely based on the Flatiron instruments of the early 80's.
These M.David Mandolins are lightly built with shallow oval bodies fitted to 12 fret necks, flat or slightly radius'd tops and backs and round sound holes. They feature X braced tops of reclaimed quarter sawn fir cut more than 50 years ago. These soundboards deliver a bright, crisp sound with lots of sustain. All instruments are built with necks of curly Red Maple and have carbon fiber truss rods embedded for strength.
- Flat, X braced Fir top
- Red Maple body
- Bloodwood fingerboard, peghead veneer, bindings and rosette
- Silver Hardware
- Maple/Ebony bridge
- Evo Gold fret wire
- Rubner Tuning Machines with Pearloid buttons
- Custom engraved Bill James tail piece
- Siminoff medium Straight Up Strings for mandolin
- Multi-coat hand rubbed Tru-Oil finish