The Roosebeck Grace model's vaulted fret board makes it lighter and as a result there is more soundboard vibration, producing excellent sound quality. It has an hour glass shape and its body, neck, nut, bridge and fret board are solid sheesham. Its tail piece has a silver color and is shaped like a crown. The soundboard is spruce and has a charming sheesham skirt design on both ends, as well as 4 of the classic f-hole openings. This model also features 5 mechanical geared right angle tuners with a 14:1 ratio and has five strings, including 2 melody strings, 2 middle strings and 1 bass drone string. Many tunings will work, but we recommend the traditional DAD method to make it easy to pick up and play. The following accessories are included with item: pick, noter and owner's guide.
Traditionally, mountain dulcimers had three, equally spaced, strings: a melody string, a middle string, and a bass string. Later developments created a 4-string dulcimer by changing the string spacing and doubling the melody string. Doubling the melody string created greater volume to the melody line. Contemporary dulcimers, such as ours, include extra notches on the nut to allow more personalized string patterns. The inside doubled melody string can be removed completely to revert to the traditional 3-string set-up. Or the Inside melody string and the middle string can both be moved over one notch to create an equal spacing between all four strings. Find the set-up that works best for you.
- Neck at Nut: 1.25 inches in width
- Neck at Body Joint: 1.25 inches in width
- Nut: 1.25 inches in width, made from sheesham
- Scale Length: 25.5 inches
- 5 tuning pegs/levers
- 18 Metal Frets (Including the 6 1/2 and 13 1/2 Frets)
- Strings: 2-Melody, 2-Middle & 1-Bass
- Lovely Hour-Glass Shape
- Vaulted Fret Board For More Reactive Sound
- Spruce Soundboard, Cream Colored, Straight Grained
- Right Angle Tuners with 14:1 Ratio
- Sophisticated F-Shaped Sound Holes